Medal for Art and Science
GSC000 Medaille für Kunst und Wissenschaft
- Medal was instituted by Duke Ernst I on 30 January 1835 as the Medal for Civil Merit. The term "For Art and Science" was in use from 1856.
- Medal was awarded for merit in art and science.
- Medal was awarded in two classes: gold and silver.
- Medal bears a portrait of the reigning duke on the obverse.
- 1858 type.
- 1905 type.
- This type was instituted by Duke Carl Edward in 1905. On 2 February 1907, a gold class was added, as well as a crown to the medal.
- Medal with a laurel wreath was established on 10 March 1911.