Order of Viesturs
LVA002 Viestura ordenis
- Order was instituted on 11 August 1938.
- Order is awarded to military and civilians for special military services, as well as special services in the movement of national resistance and defense of state independence, maintenance and strengthening of state security and public order, protection of the state border, the formation of state armed forces and the education of citizens' civic consciousness.
- Order is awarded in five grades and three classes of medals of honour.
- Order is awarded in military and civil divisions.
- Order was restored on 24 March 2004.
- Viestards - was one of the greatest Semigallian dukes in the 13th century.