Royal Volunteers Decoration
BRA016 Condecorações aos voluntarios Reais d' El-Rei
- Decoration instituted by John VI through three decrees on 25 July and 11 August 1824.
- Decoration awarded to King's Royal Volunteers who were involved in the taking of Montevideo in 1822 and 1823.
- Decoration awarded in two classes: gold and silver.
- There are three types of the Decoration.
- Siege of Montevideo - was siege occurred during the War of Independence of Brazil.
- John VI of Portugal - was King of the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves.