Order of the Vytis Cross
LTU003 Vyčio Kryžiaus ordinas
- Order instituted on April 1927 to replace the Vytis Cross.
- At the initial period, the Order was awarded in two grades: the First grade had the crossed swords, and the Second grade was without the swords. Each grade had three classes (the first class was the highest).
- First grade awarded to officers and enlisted for the acts of conspicuous bravery conducted on the battlefield. Second grade awarded to honor civilians.
- On 22 December 1930, the Order was modified to five classes.
- Order was reinstated on 15 January 1991. The Order is conferred on persons for acts of bravery performed in defending the freedom and independence of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Vytis — the coat of arms of Lithuania.