Royal Medal Of Recompense
DNK045 Den kongelige bel0nningsmedaille
- Medal was instituted on 4 December 1865.
- Medal is awarded for fifty years of loyal service to the same employer in private enterprise. The medal is also used as Royal Household Medal and as medal for special services to King or to members of the Royal Family.
- Medal is awarded in four classes: Gold with Crown, Gold, Silver with Crown, and Silver.
- There are several types of the medal, depending on the reigning monarch.
- Type I - Christian IX.
- Type II - Frederick VIII.
- Type III - Christian X.
- Type IV - Frederick IX.
- Type V - Margrethe II.