The Most Exalted Order of the Star of India
- Order founded on 23 February 1861 by Queen Victoria.
- Order awarded to loyal Indian citizens for meritorious service.
- Order awarded in three classes: Knight Grand Commander (GCSI), Knight Commander (KCSI) and Companion (CSI).
- Collar was worn by Knights Grand Commander on formal occasions along with a mantle.
- Companion badge awarded in two variations. I type - with integral suspension loop, with wide gold suspension bar and gold ribbon buckle (from 1861-1917). II type - with neck ribbon (1917-date).