Order of Isabella the Catholic
ESP009 Orden de Isabel la Católica
- Order was created by King Ferdinand VII on 24 March 1815 as the Royal and American Order of Isabella the Catholic.
- Order was awarded to Spanish citizens and foreigners for exceptional services provided in pursuit of territories in America and overseas.
- The current statements of the order were approved on 6 November 1998.
- Order is awarded to persons and institutions in recognition of extraordinary services to the homeland or the promotion of international relations and cooperation with other nations.
- Order is awarded in seven grades: Collar, Grand Cross, Grand Commander, Commander, Officer, Knight, Silver Cross, plus Silver Medal and Bronze Medal.