Order of the White Eagle
SRK000 Орден белог орла
- Order was instituted on 23 January 1883 by King Milan I of Serbia.
- Order was awarded for achievements in peace or war, or for special merits to the Crown, the state and nation.
- Order was awarded in five classes.
- Order was awarded with swords for the military services, with or without swords for civil merit.
- After his accession to the throne in 1903, King Peter I of Serbia continued awarding the Order of the White Eagle, but the reverse of the medallion had the year of the proclamation of the Kingdom (1883) instead of the cipher of Milan I.
- Milan I of Serbia - was the ruler of Serbia from 1868 to 1889.