Royal Norwegian Order of St.Olav
NOR001 Den Kongelige Norske St.Olavs Orden
- Order was instituted by King Oscar I on 21 August 1847.
- Order is awarded to Norwegian citizens for remarkable accomplishments on behalf of the country and humanity, though foreign heads of state and royalty may be appointed as a matter of courtesy.
- Order is awarded in five classes: Grand Cross, Commander with Star, Commander, Knight 1st Class, and Knight.
- Order is awarded in two division: civil and military.
- Olaf II of Norway - King of Norway.