Civil Honour Cross (Senior Line)

GRE008  Zivil-Ehrenkreuz (ältere Linie)

  • Decoration was instituted by Prince Heinrich XX on 15 September 1858.
  • Decoration was awarded to men in court, state and municipal service who have rendered outstanding service in their profession over a long period of time through loyalty to their subjects and service, and who have also demonstrated their attachment to the Princely House.
  • Decoration was instituted in two classes. Prince Heinrich XXII expanded the decoration by ordinances on 29 May 1886 and 10 February 1890 by a 3rd class in 2 divisions. In 1893 the Civil Honour Cross was renamed the Cross of Merit. The 3rd class of the 2nd division was abolished in 1902 but was re-awarded on 16 December 1912 as the 4th class.

Principality of Reuss