General Honor Decoration - Medal for Fifty Years of Loyal Service
GHD000 Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen - Medaille für Fünfzigjährige Treue Dienste
- Decoration was instituted by Grand Duke Ludwig II on 25 September 1843, but was never awarded before his death in 1848. His son Ludwig III provided the medal with his portrait and statutes on 14 November 1849.
- Decoration was awarded to people of no particular rank for outstanding merit, notable actions and extraordinary achievements.
- The II type of the General Honor Decoration was instituted by Grand Duke Ludwig IV on 8 June 1889 and was awarded from 1889 to 1894.
- The III type of the General Honor Decoration was instituted by Ernst Ludwig in 1894 and was awarded from 1894 to 1918.
- Medal for Fifty Years of Loyal Service was awarded for fifty years of faithful service.