Military Service Decoration
- Decoration was instituted by Grand Duke Ludwig III on 26 December 1833.
- Decoration was awarded for loyal and impeccable military service.
- Decoration was awarded in four classes: Gold Cross for Officers (for 50 and 25 years of service) and Silver Cross for Non-Commissioned Officers (for 50 and 25 years of service).
- On 30 October 1839, a crown was added.
- There are two types of crosses: from 1833 to 1839 with Roman numerals on the reverse, from 1839 to 1871 with Arabic numerals on the reverse.