Karl-Friedrich Military Merit Medal
GBN005 Karl-Friedrich Militär Verdienst Medaille
- Medal was instituted on 4 April 1807.
- Medal was awarded to non-commissioned officers and enlisted soldiers for highest act of bravery.
- Medal was awarded in II classes: gold and silver. There are 8 types of the medal.
- There were 154 awards of the Medal in 1915; 90 in 1916; 449 in 1917 and 589 in 1918, making a total of 1.282 awards.
- Circular silvered bronze medal with lateral loop for ribbon suspension; the face with a crowned griffin rampant, a sword in its right hand, a shield bearing the arms of Baden in its left, above a cannon and cannon balls on a plinth, inscribed above "FÜR BADENS EHRE" (For Baden’s Honour).
- The reverse inscribed "DEM / TAPFERN" (the brave) with space below for attribution, all within a circular laurel wreath.