Medal Ingenio et Arti
DNK044 Medaljen lngenio et Arti
- Medal was instituted by King Christian VIII on 31 August 1841.
- Medal is awarded to writers, musicians, artists, and scientists for remarkable, continual service to Danish culture.
- Until 1906 the medal was awarded in two classes: gold and silver. Since 3 June 1906 the medal has been awarded in gold only.
- Medal has also been awarded with a crown.
- There are several types of the medal, depending on the reigning monarch.
- Type I - Christian VIII.
- Type II - Frederick VII.
- Type III - Christian IX.
- Type IV - Frederick VIII.
- Type V - Christian X.
- Type VI - Frederick IX.
- Type VII - Margrethe II.