Order of José Miguel Lanza
BOL007 Guerrillero José Miguel Lanza
- Order instituted by Law No. 7256 of 21 July 1965.
- Order awarded to national and foreign military personnel for professional virtues and efficient services to the Armed Forces in time of peace.
- Order awarded in four grades: Grand Cross, Grand Officer, Commander, and Knight.
- By Decree 12146 of 31 December 1974, the Order will be called "Hero for the Freedom General José Miguel Lanza" (“Prócer de la Libertad General de División José Miguel Lanza”), so there are two types of the Order.
- José Miguel García Lanza - was a hero of the Bolivian wars of independence.