Military Merit Cross
- Cross instituted on 5 August 1848 by Friedrich Franz II, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
- The cross awarded for military merit in campaigns, with indicated by a date on the bottom arm of the cross.
- Cross in two classes.
- Cross was a bronze gilt cross pattée ins design, similar to the Iron Cross but with slightly narrower arms. The obverse bore a crown on the upper arm, the initials of Friedrich Franz in the center, and the date (except for the colonial version) at the bottom of the lower arm.
- The reverse of the 2nd Class bore the legend "Für Auszeichnung im Kriege" ("For distinction in the war").
Grand Duchy of Mecklenburg-Schwerin